Re: Emacs opening post files as latin-1 and the rest as UTF-8

Hello Ismael,

On [Wed, 10.01.2007 18:13], Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> What I am trying to achieve is for emacs to open any new file or
> existing file editing it in the UTF-8 language environment ("u" must
> be showed in the lower left corner of emacs). This works for any file
> except when I go to mutt and create a new mail or reply to an existing
> one. Then the file "/tmp/mutt-blahblah" is opened for editing in
> latin-1 mode ("1" is on my lower left corner then). Which is a mess as
> many of them are in spanish and UTF-8 special characters appear
> mangled in the post being edited.
>
> What can be making Emacs not to change the language environment when
> opening a mutt temporal post file?

I had a problem with vim doing this. Every time I wrote an email, the
headers said, it is encoded in utf-8, but the text in the body of the
mail was ISO encoded.

After some time I discovered that my .signature file was ISO encoded.
After reencode, problem was solved.

Cheers.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,