Scoring duplicated messages does not work

Hi,

I'm trying to get scoring duplicated messages (score '~=' -9999) to
work. I'm using mutt 1.5.12 with header caching enabled. This is the
related config:

| set score
| set score_threshold_delete=0
| set score_threshold_read=50
|
| unscore *
| score '~A' 100
| score '~P ~N' =50
| score '~=' -9999
|
| #push "<enter-command>score ~= '-9999'<enter>"
| #folder-hook . "push <delete-pattern>~=<enter>"

The first two scores (~A and ~P ~N) work fine; messages in my inbox from
myself get marked read immediately. But the last scoring rule does not
work. What is 'interesting' is that when issueing the (first) push
statement that executes the score through <enter-command> it works...

I have seen some examples of people that use the same scoring rule which
seems to be working ok. Can anybody help me out? Is it something in the
latest mutt version or am I missing something else?

TIA,
mdb