Re: mutt question

* Richard <cms01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-04-06 15:51]:
> Okay, then its not a direct kmail replacement.
> --
> Rich
>

> On Wednesday 04 October 2006 3:09 pm, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > Reads mail, supplies interface to sort on parameters, interface to
> > edit/reply to mail, plus many things directly related to a MUA.  Mutt
> > is *not* a kitchen sink,  It tries to do the MUA bit excellently, but
> > does not take the place of other applications.
> > --

No, kmail is not *just* a MUA.  Mutt *is* a Mail-User-Agent.

the *nix way is to do one thing and do it *very* well.  I use fetchmail
to obtain email, procmail to sort/deliver incoming mail, mutt to read/reply to
email, and postfix to send mail.  These four apps do everything that
kamil does and do it better and more configurable.

ps.  Please don't top-post, that's the win/lookout way, ie: anything
but normal.
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2