Re: Setting default from address according to recipients

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 06:19:42AM +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
> * On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 Matthew R. Dempsky (mrd@xxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> >
> >     send-hook '~t @utdallas\.edu$ !~t ^utdlug@utdallas\.edu$' 'set
> > from=matthew.dempsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> >
> > However, it doesn't behave how I was hoping.  It instead changes my
> > from address for all *future* messages.
>
> In send-hooks you need to use ?my_hdr From:? because as you noted $from
> comes too late for the current message.

I was hoping to avoid that just because it seems to make $use_from
pointless, but oh well.

Is there a better way to make the my_hdr change affect just this email
than to add another send-hook line

    send-hook . 'my_hdr From: Matthew R. Dempsky <mrd@xxxxxxxxxxx>'

before the @utdallas.edu-matching hook?

Thanks.