Re: How to fight spam?

I use TMDA (www.tmda.net) and SpamAssassin. TMDA delivers mail into my mail
folders depending on certain conditions.

I run a qmail server on my home linux box. Here's the contents of my ~/.qmail
file (yes, it's two lines):

| /var/qmail/bin/preline spamc -U/var/run/spamd | /usr/local/bin/tmda-filter
./Maildir/

preline creates a sendmail-style From: header, spamc passes it to the spamd
socket, adds headers if it is spam, and then it gets passed off to the
tmda-filter program, which does its magic and delivers it according to the
filters I have set up.

And here's an example entry from my ~/.tmda/filters/incoming file:

# SPAM Handling
# =============
# Questionable spam
headers 'x-spam-level: \*{5,15}' deliver=~/Maildir/.Spam/
# Damn likely spam, just delete it
headers 'x-spam-level: \*{16,}' drop

I have SA setup to just add headers to the message if it's spam. The TMDA
filter just checks the x-spam-level tag to see how many asterisks it has and
either delivers it to a subfolder of my ~/Maildir if it's "pretty" spammy or
deletes it if it's very spammy.

Of course, mutt is used to view the resulting email. :)

It's a really simple setup and I am tweaking it over time to be more accurate.
I currently do not have SA using bayesian filtering.

Regards,
Richard

--
Did this email or post help you? If so, please rate
me at affero: http://rate.affero.net/RhunDraco