Re: /mail/sent-mail: No such file or directory (errno = 2)

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:36:44PM EDT, James Miller wrote:
> With tips I got here about making macros I've been
> able to pretty effectively use mutt for my style of
> e-mailing. Many thanks to those who gave pointers. One
> thing I'm having trouble with now is getting mutt to
> save mail I'm sending. It wasn't saving at all at
> first so I began looking into why. I ran across
> information on the the 'net indicating I might need to
> put a stanza in my .muttrc indicating the location of
> the sent mail folder. I added the line "set
> record="~/mail/sent-mail"" to .muttrc, but then I
> could not send at all. Instead, when I would try to
> send mail I'd get the message "/mail/sent-mail: No
> such file or directory (errno = 2)". I tried a number
> of different things to create a file or directory
> called sent-mail under ~/mail: doing mkdir sent-mail,
> copying a message to the ~/mail directory and renaming
> it sent-mail, saving a message there and naming it
> sent-mail, etc . None of these things satisfied mutt.
> I still get the message "/mail/sent-mail: No such file
> or directory (errno = 2)" when trying to send mail.
> What am I doing wrong? How can I get mutt to write
> outgoing (sent) mail to a file or folder in my ~/mail
> directory?

No idea.

Looks like it's trying to write to a file called "sent-mail" in a "mail"
directory right under "/" -- which I assume does not exist on your
system..

.. and it's not what you asked him to do either, is it..?

It's too late here to RTFM ..

So here's what I specified .. seems to work for me:

# Tell mutt to save sent emails and where to save them

set             copy=yes
set             record="/home/myuser/mail/Sent"

Thanks

cga