Re: how to print (was: extracting sender's name for use in a script?)

* Peter Scott <drip@xxxxxxxx> [08-15-06 18:33]:

> (Another list reader suggested that I check out "muttprint",
> but that did not compile for me at all.)

You do not _compile_ it, it is a perl script.  Install it via the
instructions, INSTALL.

1. Installation

   ------------

   To install Muttprint on your system, adjust the locations in the

   Makefile.

   The default settings should be OK. (Installation to /usr/local)

   Run "make" to build the small C program ("muttprint-langinfo"). You
   need this only if your Perl version is less than 5.8.x.  If you have
   no C compiler and you run Linux then you can skip this step, too.

   Now run "make install" to install the files on your system. Please
   recognize that you must run this as 'root' if you would like to
   install Muttprint global on your system.

   If you don't want to change the Makefile, you should run "make
   prefix=/new/path docdir=/path/for/documentation install" as done by
   creation of RPM packages. Set /new/path and /path/for/documentation
   to your preferred directory.

HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2