Re: How do I come back from viewing the message to index?

Hello Boris, and welcome to Mutt!

 On Monday, August 7, 2006 at 13:57:46 +0400, Boris Sobolev wrote:

> I have installed mutt [...] how does one come back to the index of my
> mailboxes, after one reads and works with other messages? I start mutt
> with -y flag and can see my three shiny folders.

    You installed Mutt 1.5.11? That's unfortunate: The system-wide
Muttrc installed by the latest version 1.5.12 defines an "y" macro to
come back to the "mutt -y" mailboxes browser. But to get the same
feature, you can add the following 3 lines to your personal ~/.muttrc,
then restart Mutt, open a folder, and press the [y] key.

| # show the incoming mailboxes list (just like "mutt -y") and back when
pressing "y"
| macro index,pager y "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>" "show incoming
mailboxes list"
| bind browser y exit

    BTW some confusion in replies may come from your usage of the terms
« the index of my mailboxes ». When for accustomed Mutt users, there are
2 completely different things:

 · The Index. That's the list of mails inside a given folder. One mail
per line: Flags, date, sender, thread tree, subject.

 · The Mailboxes Browser. That's the mutt -y thing.

Bye!    Alain.