Re: message_cachedir and imap_cachedir

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 07:52:13PM -0400, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday, August  7 at 06:00 PM, quoth michael-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> > 1.  I believe that imap_cachedir was available prior and was
> > replaced by message_cachedir in 1.5.12.  I could be wrong but that's
> > how I interpreted the changelog.
>
> Correct. imap_cachedir was introduced to CVS *after* 1.5.11 was
> released. In the intervening months, it was replaced with
> message_cachedir, just in time for the 1.5.12 release. $imap_cachedir
> was never in a point-release, it existed for a time only in CVS, and
> that's it.

Well, that explains why I couldn't find it in my 1.5.11 release.

> > 2.  Are there any particular flags that I need to enable
> > message_cachedir in 1.5.12?
>
> Nope. :)

Well, except for enable-imap. :-)

But I find this doesn't quite do what I expected.  I was hoping for an
offline imap cache so I could read mail whil not connected.  This only
appears to cache the messages read but does not make them available
offline.  Am I doing this wrong?

Thanks.

--
Mike