Re: Multiple same signatures

On 2006-08-01, Asif Iqbal <vadud3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/1/06, Asif Iqbal <vadud3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How do I make sure when I reply to an email the previous signature
> > followed by double dashes get cleared before it appends my signature?
>
> I tried to set it up like this
>
> set editor='vim + -c "set textwidth=72" -c "set wrap" -c "set nocp" -c
> "?^$" -c "g/.\+-- $/normal d}"'
>
> But then I get this error:
>
> "/tmp/mutt-scrub-341-11767-3" 131 lines, 4794 characters
> E486: Pattern not found: .\+-- $
>
> I am using Vim 7.0.2 and Mutt 1.5.7i
>

> > --
> > Asif Iqbal
> > PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu

I don't know why you're getting that error unless the message to which
you're replying doesn't contain any quoted sigdashes.  I copied your
"set editor" line into my mutt exactly as you have it above (on one
line, of course) and replied to your message.  You can see for yourself
that it works--I have not edited anything above this paragraph.

If you want to ignore that message, change the command to

    -c "silent!g/.\+-- $/normal d}"'

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division