Re: FW: Connection failed. errno: 111

I think before you go recompiling Mutt and such, you might just try a
simple test:

Start->Run:
telnet exchange1.slo-off.truelink.com 143

Assuming it is running imap on the default port, that telnet session
should connect.  From a linux box connecting to another imap server, I
get this response to my telnet:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED]
localhost.localdomain IMAP4rev1 2003.339 at Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:05:35 -0700 (PDT)

Yours may vary somewhat.  If you cannot connect to the server, then your
problem is that the server is not listening on the imap port.  My guess
is that your outlook is using the exchange protocol to connect, and
could easily still work even if the imap port is closed.

Assuming that's your problem, you'll have to contact your network
support to fix the exchange server.

-C