Re: Mangling subject lines in index

Hello Michael and André,

 On Friday, June 30, 2006 at 7:05:05 +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:

> * On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 Andre Majorel (aym-ttum@xxxxxxxxx) muttered:
>> hide certain overlong "[name-of-mailing-list]" tags.
> abuse $reply_regexp to cover the tags.

    May post subject variants and cause thread breakage for certain
other readers when you participate to the discussion.

> A proper solution could be a patch that introduces a feature to weed
> out regexp based subject parts in the index.

    The JA patch has a $delete_prefix/$delete_regexp feature. But as it
acts also for replies, it also may break threads. Benefit for the user,
drawbacks for others. :-(

    OTOS one can set $delete_prefix for reading, then before replying
unset $delete_prefix and reload the folder. It works, an [L] macro could
even help, but it's not very straightforward.

    I'm not aware of such a patch properly touching only index display.
Anyone?

Bye!    Alain.
--
Selfishness?
See the archives for more discussion on why this should,