Re: Display Filters

On 2006-06-29, Chris Willard <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just started to play with the display filter settings in Mutt
> after finding a utility called t-prot that can remove clutter from the
> display.
>
> I was wondering what other display filters are being used as this seems
> like a good idea?

I have a handful of scripts that I use for the display_filter,
selected using message-hooks nested within folder-hooks.  They do a
number of things.

-  Sed scripts that remove some or all the "[-- .* --]" comments
   that mutt adds to MIME parts.

-  A demoronizer equivalent that converts certain Microsoft
   characters to their ASCII equivalents.

-  The mail-to-filter script that compresses long To: and Cc: lists
   to no more than two lines.

-  A perl script that adds ANSI color escape sequences around the
   headings of a company newsletter to make it easier to read
   quickly.  (Mutt's "color body" commands would work for this, but
   they can't be cleared and can't be set differently for different
   messages.)

-  A perl script that attempts to recognize and remove the spurious
   double spacing added by Outlook/Exchange to text messages.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division