Re: mail to list function muttrc?

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 10:58:20PM +0700, Dave Patterson wrote:
> So I'm in a mailing list mailbox and want to compose a mail to that list,
> by simply hitting a macro index mail to that list, similar to L
> reply-to-list, but I want to make a new subject, without recalling an
> alias.  A lot of lists.  An easy way?

This shouldn't be very difficult.  Use a folder-hook to create a macro
to compose mail to the list address, and bind that macro to some key.
You'll need to do this for each mailing list you have... the macro
will be identical for each, except the compose address will be
different.  I never bothered to learn the syntax for macros, as I
never use them; and I recently discovered that the recent Mutt from
CVS that I'm now using is no longer able to build the manual on any of
my systems (which appears to have changed since mutt-1.5.11 or at
least 1.5.9)...  so I can't give you the syntax.  If you know how to
make macros, I would imagine this should be very straightforward.

On that note, what tool chain is required to build the manual now?

-=-=-=-=-