Re: Placing vim cursor on *second* blank line on startup

On 6/15/06, William Yardley <mutt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can't find anything from a quick search, but I know for a fact this
has been asked before.
I couldn't find anything, either, so I asked.

That's a matter of opinion. Not to be snarky and unhelpful, but you
*are* planning on trimming the quoted message, right? I think it makes
more sense to start at the top of the message, but that's just my
opinion.
Well, when I started this reply, Gmail put my cursor at the top, above
the attribution line. I didn't think about it at first, I just started
trimming. It might turn out that when I finish configuring mutt to my
liking and start to use it day-to-day, that I'll prefer my cursor at
the top of the mail. Right now, when I'm just trying to get it set up
to be useable, I'd like it at the second blank line.

set editor="vim -c '+/^$/ +/^$/'
(or something) seems to work, even if it's not the most elegant
solution.
Like you said, not the most elegant, but it does work.

I also have a macro in my .vimrc which deletes everything from the current
position to the sig....

map S d/^--<CR>ko<CR>
I'm not sure, but this may come in handy at some point.

Thanks!

-Andy