Re: Disable message loading in index

Hi Moritz,

> when i'm using mutt to acces my mails over a slow internet connection
> using imap, i have to wait until all the messages in showed in the index
> are loaded. not all the messages in the mailbox, but all the messages
> which are listed in the inbox.
> is there a config option to disable this? it would be nice if mutt would
> only load the headers from the imap server to show the index.
> i did not find a option which can do this.

My hunch is that your $index_format contains information that is not
present in the headers (like attachment information, nr. of lines).
That causes mutt to download the messages, just to build up the index.

I have the following in my ~/.muttrc:

folder-hook .                "set index_format='%4C %2M %Z %{%b %d} %-20.20F
folder-hook imaps://host.com "set index_format='%4C %2M %Z %{%b %d} %-20.20F

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

This is not a spam.  You receive this message because you are on.
a list of email addresses I have bought.