Re: index_format and <bar> vs <space>

[=- Michelle Konzack wrote on Fri 26.May'06 at 14:26:46 +0200 -=]

> currently I am using in the index_format
>     "%5C  %S  %4c  %D  %-30.30s  %> %n
> but I want to have something like
>     "%6C|%S|%4c|%D|%-35.35s|%>%n
> which is not realy what I want, because the <bar> "|" is
> not continious.
> {...}
> How can I get a <bar> liket this from the old IBM-Terminals on
> the <number-block>?

This is a font issue. Use anotherone where the | looks like you
want it to be. But maybe another char exists in your font that is
more what you're looking for. Choose from:

oct dec hex ASCII
 40  32 20:  !"#$%&'()*+,-./
 60  48 30: 0123456789:;<=>?
100  64 40: @ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO
120  80 50: PQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_
140  96 60: `abcdefghijklmno
160 112 70: pqrstuvwxyz{|}~

240 160 a0:  ¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯
260 176 b0: °±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿
300 192 c0: ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏ
320 208 d0: ÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞß
340 224 e0: àáâãäåæçèéêëìíîï
360 240 f0: ðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.