Newbie Question: Line Wrapping

I'm sure this is a very obvious, newbie type question, but I can't seem
to find an answer anywhere, so accept my apologies in advance.

How does Mutt handle line wrapping?  It seems that when I compose an
email (I use Nano, although I'm not married to it) it wraps lines
relative to however big my term window is.  If I compose at 80x24 it
wraps at ~80, if I compose at full screen, which is 157 characters wide,
then it wraps at ~150.  Both of these cause problems on the readers
systems, with weird breaks half way through lines etc.

Ideally it would leave the line wrapping up to the viewer so that
whatever resolution their screen is, and whatever size their viewing
window is, it displays fine.

Ropetin Again.