Re: Poll: personal convenience vs. global improvement of docs

Hi,

* Gary Johnson [06-05-24 16:11:18 -0700] wrote:

In short, the benefit of changing names is minimal.

ACK.

Making mutt easier for newbies to use and to understand is a great idea, but changing variable and function names is not the way to do it. If you really want to help new users, add a section to the manual where variables are grouped functionally along the lines of your ideas for renaming them, and improve the rest of the manual by making the explanations more clear and with better cross-references.

I agree that "something" is broken in this area. And I'd take this approach even further: not just add a section but rewrite the manual with chapters mapping to Rado's major groups and actually explain things instead of only listing them.

Yet, somebody has to do it.

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!