How to modify the content type of a file from the command line

I am attempting to release email files from quarantine. However it is clear
that when I send the message that the content type is coming up as plain
text where I believe what I want is to send it as a message/rfc822. to my
knowledge that is how you package an email for something like a bounced
message. That is at least my desired result. I am attempting to do this all
from a script, and am running Linux RedHat fedora core 4.

Any help is appreciated

Steven Lamb