aliasing mailing lists

I used to subscribe and unsubscribe to overactive mailing lists because
I could not handle the volumes..

Not any more... hehe..

Now I use mutt :-)

Is there any way I can make mutt even more effective by aliasing
mailing lists on the fly? Same as using the default 'a' for private
parties.

The messages from the mailing lists in my setup have headers like:

'From: the OP'
'To:   the mailing list'

So it obviously won't work with the 'a' command.

Has anyone concocted a simple strategy that would save me the trouble
of entering all these mailing lists I am subscribed to in my alias file?

Thanks,

cga