Re: how to change send_charset on the fly?

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 09:10:17AM +0800, phyrster wrote:
> Hi mutters,
>
> When I reply to some html format messages which have 'charset=gb2312' in
> their headers, the send_charset became utf-8.
>
> But the setting in my muttrc is:
>
> |set send_charset="gb2312:GB2312:utf-8"
>
> I am almost certain that my reply won't be readable for recipients who
> uses gb2312 as the default encoding.
>
> My questions are:
>
> why my reply is not encoded according to the original
> message's charset?
>
> How to change send_charset on the fly in mutt's 'send message page'?
>
> --
> regards
> phyrster
>
> You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
>               -- Mahatma Gandhi

I had the same problem in the past. If you use emacs as the editor, there
is no problem. And if you use vim, then it occurs.  The the assumption of
the accessory encoding of mutt makes it happen.

Because you are chinese, i recommend you to surf the following site to
find solution:
        http://lcs.ios.ac.cn/~scwang/

Good Luck!

--