Re: how to filter the message body and just show the selected part?

On 2006-05-02, phyrster <phyrster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi dear mutters,
>
> I subscribed to a few googlegroups and everyday I got about 30 messages of
> various news groups. But google inserts in those digests the urls of those
> pages in the message body which look like this:
>
> ---
> * It's Hard Out Here for a Pump - 4 messages, 1 author
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics/browse_thread/thread/8a82c1323f5f6bcd
> * CNN said 17% of cleaning jobs are done by immigrants - 6 messages, 3
> * authors
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics/browse_thread/thread/91dd07bfea1caced
> ---
>
> It is a pain to to mentally filter out those urls starting with http and
> there is no need for me to follow the links.
>
> My question is: How to filter out those lines starting with http:// and just
> how what I want to read?
>
> Is it possible?

You can use a 'display_filter' for this.  E.g.,

    set display_filter="sed '/^ *http/d'"

For some reason, I had trouble getting the number of leading spaces
right to filter the http lines from your message, so I punted, used
' *', and didn't bother to include the '://'.  But that's the idea
anyway.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     | Wireless Division