Re: Mutt/imap send problem (OS X)

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 03:55:26PM -0400, Dave Waxman wrote:
>Holger,
>
>Mutt does not 'send' the message.  Mutt requires a mail server to be
>running on your machine for outbound mail.  Check to make sure sendmail,
>which I believe is included in OS X, is running.  Also make sure your
>ISP does not block you from using your own machine as a STMP server as
>many do.
---end quoted text---

On Panther or Tiger this will be Postfix instead of Sendmail

On my two Tiger machines I added the following to the end of my
/etc/postfix/main.cf file (note that I'm sending via sbcglobal.yahoo.com's smtp
relay):

alias_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_database=hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
smtpd_sender_restrictions=hash:/etc/postfix/access
inet_interfaces=all
mynetworks_style=subnet
message_size_limit=0
myorigin=isotropic.net
myhostname=postfix.isotropic.net
relayhost=smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
smtp_sasl_auth_enable=yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
smtp_sasl_security_options=

I use basicly the same configuration on my FreeBSD and OpenBSD
machines as well (Postfix on all).

Whatever mail client I'm using (mutt or mail) sends to localhost.
--
Doug Carter
Mutt 1.5.10i, Mac OS X 10.4