Re: Replying to mailing lists doesn't always reply to list address

* On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 David Woodfall (dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> I've noticed that more often than not if I reply to a list post it tries
> to reply to the posters personal address rather than the list.
>
> Is there a way to fix this?
>
> My muttrc has following entries:
>
> lists mplayer-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> subscribe mplayer-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx

As a sidenote: you don't need lists when you use subscribe later.
Also see Pete's post for list-reply vs. reply.
If there are reply-to headers - read up on reply_to and
ignore_list_reply_to.

HTH,

Michael
--
How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are for.  I
only coded it.

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
Jabber:     init[0]@amessage.de