Re: apostrophes showing as ?

On 06Apr2006 01:53, David Woodfall <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| When I view some emails I find ' replaced by qestion marks, but only some
| - some emails show correctly. I've tried using various ansi/non-ansi fonts
| but I can't seem to correct this. Is this perhaps due to the mailers
| setup rather than mine?

You see similar stuff on the web sometimes too. A bunch of Microsoft
tools use other codes for the quote marks instead of just an ASCII
apostrophe. Do these messages correspond to particular mailer types
(as frequently shown in the X-Mailer: header)?

Meanwhile, amuse yourself here:

  http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/demoroniser/

which addresses this kind of issue.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

But then, I'm only 50. Things may well get a bit much for me when I
reach the gasping heights of senile decrepitude of which old Andy
Woodward speaks with such feeling.
        - Chris Malcolm, cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, DoD #205