Re: unsetting <display-toggle-weed>

On Wednesday, April  5 at 12:16 PM, quoth Kurt Lieber:
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 12:13:10PM -0400 or thereabouts, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
>I have a macro that I use for spam reporting:
>
><display-toggle-weed><forward-message>_my_address_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<return><return>

<display-toggle-weed> is, surprisingly enough, a toggle. To undo it?s effects, just do it again, like so:

<display-toggle-weed><forward-message>somewhere@xxxxxxx<return><return><display-toggle-weed>

This, surprisingly enough, doesn't work. It leaves the message in a state
where it's displaying the body.  It also doesn't toggle the headers.

Anyone else have suggestions?

You didn’t say that you didn’t want to see the body of the message. You also didn’t say what the values of the relevant configuration options are (e.g. mime_forward, forward_edit, and so forth).

For me, your original macro drops me into composing the forward. So let’s presume that even though you didn’t say it, you meant to say that forward_edit is set to no.

Now, do you call this macro from the index or the pager? For the moment, let’s assume you call it from the pager. Do you have mime_forward set? For the moment, I’ll assume that you have it set to “no”. In such a case your original macro:

<display-toggle-weed><forward-message>address<enter><enter>

…will first set up the message to be forwarded, and then will view the forwarded message (i.e. the message will not be *sent*, you’re previewing the outgoing message). This is easy to fix:

<display-toggle-weed><forward-message>address<enter><send-message>

This will send the message and will return you to where you started, however all of the headers will be visible. You can make it complete by adding:

<display-toggle-weed><forward-message>address<enter><send-message><display-toggle-weed>

But perhaps you call this from the index rather than the pager. In such a case your original is broken for the same reason: your message is *not* sent, but rather your original macro views the message, just as I said before. And the same solution should fix it for you.

Does that work for you, or do you have some other setting that alters mutt’s behavior further?

~Kyle
--
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
                                                         -- Oscar Wilde