Problem with Attachments coming from Lotus Notes

The company where I work uses Lotus Notes for their corporate email.
I use Mutt and everything, for the most part, is working fine.
However, I have one problem that I'm hoping somebody can help me with,
involving attachments.

Scenario 1:
Notes user composes an email to me in which they attach an image file.
They attach this image by clicking on the paper clip icon in their
mail client. When I receive the email, everything works fine.  I can
type "v" to view the attachment list and then view the image.

Scenario 2:
The Notes user composes the email to me. But this time, they "insert"
(for lack of a better verb) the image into their email.  They do this
by clicking on "Create" -> "Picture" in their menu bar.

Under scenario 2, when I open the email, lynx tries to dump the HTML
to me, and it shows something like this:

[cid:_2_04C54DF804C530F40078770D86257138]

Furthermore, when I click "v" to view the attachment, this is what
Mutt always shows me:

1 <no description>              [multipa/alternativ, 7bit, 0.2K]
2 <no description>              [text/plain, 7bit, us-ascii, 0K]

3 <no description>              [text/html, 7bit, us-ascii, 0.1K]
4 <no description>              [image/jpeg, base64, 32K]

The image attachment (line 4) is what is giving me grief.  I can't
view it apparently because it has no name.  (This is verified by
trying to save the image.  When doing so, no name is supplied and I
have to make something up.)  The only way I can view this image is to
save it with a name that I give it, then open it outside of Mutt
using my image viewer.

Has anybody dealt with this before?  Is there a way to instruct Mutt
to give attachments a predefined name when they don't already have
one ("image0.gif" -- for example).

Thanks,
Bryan Walton