Re: An urgent hook question

Hi Kyle,

 On Wednesday, January 25, 2006 at 19:14:29 -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

>| send-hook . 'set from=standardfrom@xxxxxxxx'
>| send-hook ~l 'set from=altfrom@xxxxxxxx'

    Unfortunately, at mail compose time when send-hooks are triggered,
it is too late for $from to have an effect on the *current* mail. But
the code is crafted so that an override is still possible. Thus in
send-hooks, and only in send-hooks, you must use "my_hdr From:". Just as
Michael said.

    While at it, may I suggest a $send_charset review? You use "mac"
MIME charset in your most recent mails. It’s perfectly readable with
Mutt and its iconv magic. But I believe "mac" is not a common MIME
charset, which might reduce readability on other mailers… Looking at
IANA assigned charsets, "mac" exists as an alias of "macintosh",
together with "csMacintosh" at MIBenum 2027, but doesn’t seem to be
noted as suitable for MIME…

Bye!    Alain.
--
Mutt muttrc tip to send mails in best adapted first necessary and sufficient
charset (version for Western Latin-1/Latin-9/CP-850/CP-1252 terminal users):