Re: Reading mail stored in a DB

Hello, Travis and mutt-users,

I think asking about database support is a great question.

I run mutt and store my messages in the maildir format.  I have over
fifty thousand messages in my Inbox, and it takes minutes for mutt to
start up for me, and I have a 3 GHz processor with plenty of RAM.
Database support would help a lot with this.

I'm probably going about this all wrong.  However, it's so
easy to search when I have all my messages in one folder that
I leave them there rather than go to the trouble of filing
them.  It's a lot harder to search through many different
folders.  Databases are an excellent solution to this kind
of problem.

Thanks,

--Emil

--