Re: how to view MS files within mutt?

On 21:22 Thu 22 Dec 2005, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2005-12-23, Phil Pennock <mutt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 2005-12-22 at 10:24 +0800, phyrster wrote:
> > > Thank you. I put these two lines in my .mailcap but I still got the
> > > message
> > > " [-- application/octet-stream is unsupported (use 'v' to view this part)
> > > --]"
> >
> > The problem here is that the mail sender has not indicated the type of
> > the attachment.  "application/octet-stream" means "some data with no
> > known structure".
>
> Thanks for catching that; I wasn't paying attention to the
> application type.
>

> > Go into the attachment menu ("view-attachments" binding, probably 'v'),
> > then edit mutt's idea of the type of the attachment with the "edit-type"
> > binding, probably Control-E.  Replace application/octet-stream with
> > application/msword and _then_ try to view the attachment.
>
> That should work, but since the OP is using mutt-1.5.11, he
> shouldn't need to do all that.  He just needs to add this line to
> his muttrc:
>
>     mime_lookup application/octet-stream
>
> Mutt will then look up the proper application type for the file's
> extension in the mime.types file.
This is exactly what I did and now I can view ms word files with antiword
automatically.

My next question is how to open it with Openoffice2? Sometimes I want to
press enter on the attachment and launch Oo2 to view and edit it.

I tried the advice by another mutter without success and I accidentally
deleted that reply.

--
regards
phyrster