Re: Strange problem with macros

El 21/Dec/05 - 22:59, Kyle Wheeler dijo:
> On Thursday, December 22 at 01:13 AM, quoth Iván Forcada Atienza:
> > macro index B "<enter-command>bind index <Down>  next-undeleted<enter>"
> >
> >gives "too many parameters" when pressing "B" in index.
>
> >I've also tried to use octal key codes like \232 for <right> or \233 for
> ><left>, but without success :-(
>
> Try escaping them more, like this:
>
> macro index B "<enter-command>bind index \\\\232 next-undeleted<enter>"

No way :-(. I've tried \\\\ \\\ \\ and \, as well as "^[[B", which is
the characer my terminal shows after presing ctrl-v plus down arrow.
I've also tried \^[[B but still doesn't work.

Any other way to bind "<whatever>" keys inside a macro??
Any other suggestion??

> (I haven't tested this, so I'm not sure that's the correct number of escapes,
> but there are some examples in the list
> archives.)

I couldn't find any examples in the archives, surely because i used
incorrect search keywords...

> ~Kyle

Thx again :-)

> --
> In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have
> a dog that will worship him and a cat that
> will ignore him.
>                                                         -- Dereke Bruce

Iván Forcada Atienza:
  correo: ivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free" (Linus Torvalds)