Re: why setting 'sig_on_top' is not recommended?

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 05:54:28AM -0500, Jean-Rene David wrote:
> * Zhiqiang Ye <yezhiqiang@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > In my opinion, when I reply email, the signature information
> > included before any quoted or forwarded message would be more
> > clear.  We can see clearly who says what, especially when we have
> > a long thread disscussing some topic.
>
> Gary's answer about top-posting is very good. But somehow I don't
> read the OP's question as being about the position of the quoted
> text so much as about the position of the *signature*.

But, putting the signature before the quoted text implies that one is
going to write their message at the top; i.e. top post.  No one signs
messages first and then writes their message below that.  So it's
a perfectly reasonable conclusion that Zhiquiang intends to top post,
even if in the end that conclusion is incorrect.

-=-=-=-=-