Any way to get size/count with maildir?

The one thing I will miss when I go from mbox to maildir (which I'm
planning to do for ease of backing up) is an indication of folder size.

With mbox when one looks at real mbox folders (as opposed to
subdirectories) one sees the folder size displayed (if there's a %s in
$folder_format).  With maildir the folders are *always* subdirectories
so one just gets a boring 4096 (or maybe some other power of 2) for
the size, not very useful.

It should be possible I would have thought to display the count of
messages in the folder, are there any plans to do this, or is it
perchance available as a patch?

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."