Re: Multiple display_filters

On 2005-11-01, Brian Clark <brian+mutt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mutt users,
>
> This must be a FAQ, but my searches have come up empty.
>
> I'm going to take a wild guess that there is no way to apply multiple
> display_filters (E.g. with message_hook)?
>
> I'm using t-prot, and often see a need to apply more than that
> display_filter to the current message.

The way I handle this is to create shell scripts that contain
pipelines of display_filters.  For example, I have one hook that
executes "set display_filter=mail-to-filter" and another one that
executes "set display_filter=mutt_gen_disp_filter" where the
mutt_gen_disp_filter script contains (in part):

    mail-to-filter |
    perl -pe '

I've omitted a lot of details, but that should give you the idea.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division