Re: Deleted mails to a folder

* Michael Tatge <Michael.Tatge@xxxxxx> :
> * On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 Troy Piggins (troy@xxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > * Michael Tatge <Michael.Tatge@xxxxxx> :
> > > * On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 Asif Iqbal (iqbala-mutt-users@xxxxxxxxxxx)
> > > muttered:
> > >
> > > Use the trash folder patch from Cedric Duval.
> >
> > Why would you need to patch and recomplile when you could use
> > Michael Tatge's solution with a simple macro and/or hooks?
>
> My solution was to use the patch.

Oops, sorry.  I got the wrong Michael ;-)

> The patch is a much cleaner approach. It works for every delete
> operation not only when you hit the macro key (think <delete-pattern>)

Ok.  I understand that.  But personally I'd rather use the original
mutt's features to achieve the same rather that patching it.  I'd
save patching for features that cannot be achieved with macros,
binds etc.

--
Troy Piggins
Compiled from src: vim 6.4; mutt 1.5.10i; postfix 2.2.4;