Re: mpi too large (42434 bits)

On Tuesday, October 25 at 12:11 PM, quoth jhelfman@xxxxxxxxxxxx:
This was a very small file. 1k.  I have version 1.4.1 of gpg.

Hmmm... Well, let's try two things. First: how are you calling gpg? From my muttrc:

set pgp_encrypt_sign_command="pgpewrap gpg --encrypt-to kyle --charset utf-8 --force-mdc %?p?--passphrase-fd 0? --batch --quiet --no-verbose --textmode --output - --encrypt --sign %?a?-u %a? --armor --always-trust -- -r %r -- %f"

Second... can you encrypt things from the commandline (outside of mutt) with gpg?

If encrypting things from the commandline (with the same arguments as in your muttrc) doesn't work, the only thing I can think to try is to upgrade gpg, and maybe talk to the gpg folks to see if there's some issue with your gpg.conf. If it does work, then we can fiddle with things in the muttrc to see if some combination of gpg arguments will make it work.

~Kyle
--
The criterion of truth is that it works even if nobody is prepared to acknowledge it.
                                                    -- Ludwig von Mises