Re: Use regular expressions in index_format display

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 12:17:37PM -0400, John J. Foster wrote:
> Good afternoon all,
>
> A few of the lists I belong to have the list name included in the
> subject of messages. As these are already sorted into specific folders,
> I'd like to display the subject without the list name. For example,
>
>    4   sL 8.5K 10/06/05 11:33  Richard Thoma  [Fwbuilder-discussion]
> Printing
>
> becomes
>
>    4   sL 8.5K 10/06/05 11:33  Richard Thoma  Printing
>
> I don't want this change to be permanent, like with a procmail recipe,
> just for display purposes in index_format. I currently use a slightly
> different format for each folder. Is it possible to do something like
>
> set index_format="%4C %4Z %4c %[%D %H:%M]  %-13.13n  (some regular
> expression)%s"
>
> Or am I way off base?

I got a reply offlist mentioning the use of %y. This would work fine
with procmail creating a new x-label header. However, my IMAP provider,
Fastmail.FM, only provides support for Sieve filtering. Does anyone know
whether I can create a new header with Sieve? The documentation I find
about Sieve only mention "keep, fileinto, reject, redirect and discard".

Any help?

Thanks,
John

--