Re: Best way to log external error messages that scroll by too fast

On 2005-09-26, Arias Hung <arias@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was wondering what the best way to log these types of messages are.
>
> For instance, when in the compose message after hitting y to send a
> message, sometimes the message will hang indefinitely while signing it
> before sending, but the error message seems to scroll by too fast to catch
> it before returning to the compose message and hanging on the "sending
> message".
>
> Anyone have any ideas as to this?  Thanks in advanced.

I usually use 'script' for this.  First execute 'script', then
execute 'mutt', do whatever you need to get the error message, quit
or kill mutt, then type "exit" to exit 'script'.  All the characters
that were printed to the screen while 'script' was running have been
logged to the file 'typescript' in the current directory.  You can
open 'typescript' with an editor and search for the error message,
probably near the bottom of the file.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division