browsing multiple spool boxes

I would like to browse multiple spool boxes similar to
Thunderbird or Outlook (split-screen).  I use procmail to sort my
mail into numerous mailboxes.  I'd like to be able to see the
number of new mails from the various boxes, while browsing a
particular mailbox.  The point is that this information is on the
same screen.  Is this possible? ... I asked this question
sometime in 2001 and it didn't seem to be directly supported[1].

Here is a theoretical view of what I'm talking about:

MUTT   adsl-154-199-27-819:=www-rdf-logic (threads)
in
                                              out
www-rdf-logic
www-rdf-comments
www-rdf-interest
1   X Apr 18 www-rdf-logic-r (  23) archive retrieval info
2   X Apr 18 Bill dehOra     ( 26) RE: A plea for peace. was: RE
3   X Apr 18 www-rdf-logic-r ( 516) archive retrieval: ls latest
4   X Apr 18 Jerome.Euzenat@ ( 177) Re: URIs / URLs
5 N X Apr 18 Sean B. Palmer  (  15) `->

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

[1]