Re: set the subject

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 02:09:56PM +0300, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> Is there any way to set the subject of the e-mail message depending of the
> 'to' address? I need to make the subject blank when responding to some domain.
>
> --
> Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Please have a try on the configuration command: send-hook.

The text below is from the mutt manual:
Usage: send-hook [!]pattern command

This command can be used to execute arbitrary configuration commands
based upon recipients of the message. pattern is a regular expression
matching the desired address. command is executed when regexp matches
recipients of the message. When multiple matches occur, commands are
executed in the order they are specified in the muttrc.

See Message Matching in Hooks for information on the exact format of
pattern.

Example: send-hook mutt "set mime_forward signature=''"

Another typical use for this command is to change the values of the
$attribution, $signature and $locale variables in order to change the
language of the attributions and signatures based upon the recipients.

Note: the send-hook's are only executed ONCE after getting the initial
list of recipients. Adding a recipient after replying or editing the
message will NOT cause any send-hook to be executed. Also note that
my_hdr commands which modify recipient headers, or the message's
subject, don't have any effect on the current message when executed from
a send-hook.

  A Beautiful Conclusion To A Dominant Career
  In the race of truth he had to prove exactly why he's The Boss of the
  Bunch. That's exactly what he did. After 55.5km Lance got to stand on
  the podium alone to celebrate what is likely to be the last stage win
  of his life.

                --  Stage 20, Le Tour de France, 2005

  Haizi Zheng, IPhy, CAS.
  Beijing, P.R.China