Re: random 'quote'/signature of the day ?

On 06:02 Sat 23 Jul     , Anna Baas wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I've made a small tutorial for this kind of thing. You can find it at
> http://lenale.carnique.nl/sighowto.php . I hope this is helpfull, comments
> are welcome!

Excellent job. I configured quote of the day very quickly with your howto.

I guess there is one typo in your webpage:

"set sig-dashes = no" should be "set sig_dashes".

Also in "compose_sig" script, you suggest using "echo" command to format
the quote. Why not pre-format them decently and other users can just tweak a
bit. ( I mean dashes, quote marks, empty lines)

By the way, how to echo an empty line?

Anyway, good job and thanks for this howto.

bxuef

-----Quote of the Day-----
The ends justify the means.
                -- after Matthew Prior