Re: send-hook and signature

This one time, in band camp, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky said:

>Hi, I have send-hook defined for some of mailing lists
>For some of the lists the send-hook looks like
>send-hook list@xxxxxxxx 'unset signature'
>
>The problem I facing is the signature becomes unset for all lists as well as
>for regular mail. The folder-hook didn't help :( What am i doing in a wrong
>way?

I don't use send hooks, but I make heavy use of folder hooks.  With folder
hooks you need to define a "default" folder hook to reset your signature
back to your default.  I have a bunch of different settings based on the
folder-hook, so I generally (for example) setup my config to do something
like this...

folder-hook .                           source ~/.mutt/defaults
folder-hook lists                       source ~/.mutt/defaults.maillist

of course, you can can simply set the signature... :)

folder-hook .                   set signature="default signature"
folder-hook list@xxxxxxxx       unset signature

I imagine something similar is happening with your send hooks, as when I
initially setup mutt, I had similar problems.

--
Take it easy, [cmauch@xxxxxxxxxx]

Charles Mauch, FSF Apologist, Debian/Ubuntu/Gentoo user, etc.
Every message PGP or S/MIME signed to verify authenticity.
Playing "We Are All Made Of Stars" by Moby (18)