Re: macro question

* On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 Nabeel Khatri wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 02:24:48AM +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
> > * On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 Nabeel Khatri (nabeel@xxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > > i'm trying to create a macro (to be started by keystroke "h") that
> > > will check mail and then sync the mailbox... i tried the following:
> > >
> > > macro index "h"   "Gt"
> >
> > Use function names!
> >
> > macro index h '<fetch-mail><sync-mailbox>' "fetch new mail and sync"
>
> i actually tried that first but it wouldn't work... i noticed that you
> used single quotes instead of double, is that a requirement?  i had
> tried the following:
>
> macro index "h" "<fetch-mail><sync-mailbox>" "description"

That should work too. Actually you don't need quotes here anywere unless
description contains a space. So

  macro index h <fetch-mail><sync-mailbox>

should work too. I only added the single quotes because you need them
when sequence contains a space. For example when you set variables
in macros

  macro index <f8> '<enter-command>set mbox_type=Maildir<enter>\
  <enter-command>set ?mbox_type<enter>' "toggle mbox_type"

P.S. Please brake your lines and no top posting please both make it
     harder to read your message.

HTH,

Michael