Re: mbox-hook: broken or useless?

Hello,

> For a long time I have been annoyed by having to use save-hooks
> and manually saving certain mails that should be archived in
> separate maildirs, so I checked out the manual and by the looks
> of it, mbox-hook does exactly what I want:  The same as save-hook,
> except that it is triggered automatically when changing folders or
> exiting mutt.  After reading this, I substituted all save-hooks
> with identical mbox-hooks, and tried it out.  To my disappointment,
> mutt still saves _all_ messages in the maildir specified with the
> 'mbox' option.  This has to be a bug, right?

I bet my ass (I lost it already once) that you have set move=no in
.muttrc.

See   6.3.111.  move

  Type: quadoption
  Default: ask-no

  Controls whether you will be asked to confirm moving read messages
  from your spool mailbox to your ````$mbox'''' mailbox, or as a result
  of a ````mbox-hook'''' command.

Sincerely,
        Thomas