Re: envelope_from

Hi David,
Thanks greatly,
see my comments below,

13Mar2005 @ 05:25 David Champion thusly spake
> * On 2005.03.12, in <20050313030302.GA13737@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> *     "luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx using -f
>
> You're running sendmail locally on bench, but bench doesn't "trust" your
> user account to assert the envelope sender address. What this means is
> that you can set the envelope sender to anything you want, but sendmail
> will keep putting X-Authentication-Warning:s in the header, like a yappy
> puppy, to alert everyone that it doesn't know it can trust you.
>
> If you have authority to change the sendmail configuration, you have
> two options. You can disable the X-Authentication-Warning header by
> taking 'authwarnings' out of confPRIVACY_FLAGS in your .mc file. This
> will allow anyone to use -f without penalty. Or you can tell sendmail
> to trust your username by putting it into /etc/mail/trusted-users (or
> whatever the 'Ft' line in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf or /etc/sendmail.cf
> says). This file should just have one username (not e-mail address)
> per line -- 'echo luke >>/etc/mail/trusted-users' should do it. This
> file used to be called /etc/mail/sendmail.ct before the sendmail people
> decided to start wearing user-friendly hats, so you might find it there
> instead.

I have put my username in the 'trusted-users' file and restarted sendmail.
Would this have cured the problem,
is there any way I can examine the headers of my own emails after they are sent
out?
I have tried doing this by sending an email to myself but it had minimal
headers.

thanks heaps,
kind regards,
Luke