Re: mutt through ssh on windows box

On 2005-03-08, luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I sometimes need to use mutt from a windows box.
> When it shows threaded messages, the '-->' appears as 'a with a caret',
> anyone know how to change the character set.
> I'm using putty to ssh into a linux box.

You might try going to PuTTY's configuration screen.  On the Window
| Translation page is a box labeled "Adjust how PuTTYtel handles
line drawing characters".  I've never messed with it myself, but you
might find a setting there that display's mutt's threading
characters correctly.

Another option, and the one I use, is to put this in your muttrc:

    set ascii_chars=yes             # Use plain ASCII characters
                                    # when displaying thread and
                                    # attachment trees, instead of
                                    # the default ACS characters.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division