Re: Adding a bunch of image attachments

* Bill Moseley <moseley@xxxxxxxx> [02-28-05 20:19]:
> Reposting to see if anyone has a suggestion how to make this easier:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:02:25PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > Well, drag and drop would be nice once in a while.

Not in mutt, text mode.  If you want a graphic mail client, you will
have to go elsewhere.

> > I needed to attach a bunch of images to a message in Mutt.  Is there
> > an easy way to deal with multiple attachments?  Tagging doesn't seem
> > available.

Tagging works just fine.  "man mutt muttrc"

> > So I selected attach and made my way to the directory where the images
> > were located.  I could hit the <space> key and view the images
> > one-by-one and then select it if I wanted to add it.  Unfortunately,
> > the image files are huge -- viewing a thumbnail would have made life
> > easier.

You do not tag messages with the <space> key.  "man mutt muttrc"
Search for and read: "Using Tags"

> > The other pain is that mutt only shows the first X characters
> > in the attachment list, and the paths were longer than that.  So every
> > file listed in the attachment window had the same text (the filename
> > had been truncated).  So I couldn't see what files I had already added.

Make your term wider or change the display parameters.

> > Any tricks to make something like this less painful?

Lots, a few mentioned above.  Reading the documentation and following
the mail list and looking in the archives will reveal a lot.
HOG # US1244711          Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery