Re: attachment reminder

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 01:58:48AM +0100, Bernard Massot wrote:

> A friend showed me a very nice feature of kmail : it can remind you to
> attach a file if you try to send a mail without attachments but with
> body's content refering to an attached file. See
> http://ktown.kde.org/~charles/kde-rocks.png .
> I don't see any straight way to achieve this with Mutt but it may be
> possible with a tricky config.

Someone on mutt-dev posted a patch which lets you put a reminder in the
message body, which will then prompt you to see if you want an
attachment before sending.

Here's at least one such patch:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mutt-dev&m=110658853024645&w=2

My personal way of doing this is (IMO) simpler... I just postpone a
message I want to attach something to, attach the file, and then resume
the message.