Re: Different ways to create the From: header field

 On Friday, January 14, 2005 at 8:46:03 PM +0100, kurtz wrote:

> Which is the difference, from a practical point of view, between using
> the `form' and `realname' variable and using a custom `my_hdr'
> command?

 · Vars $from/$realname fail in send-hooks.

 · "my_hdr From:" fails in bounces, and breaks $reverse_name feature.

    My advice: Use $from as default, also use $from in any sort of
dynamic configurations (macros, folder-hooks, etc...), and only if
needed use "my_hdr From:" as an override in send-hooks (with a "unmy_hdr
From:" as default send-hook).

Bye!    Alain.
--
Mutt 1.2.5 users: Do us all a favour, set in_reply_to="%i" in muttrc, so
threading is not messed up by silly mail servers.